The beach is a piece of heaven that Lee and I like to enjoy at least once a year. Sadly, the past few years have not afforded us the time to take advantage of a sand and surf vacation. However, recently we were told that Lee’s company was shutting down for the week of the Fourth of July, so we jumped at the chance to drive down to South Padre Island and soak up the Texas sun.
Our impromptu vacation was filled with boogie boarding, sandcastle-making, crab-catching, bungee-jumping and margarita-drinking (the last activity was for the adults and very much needed while the boys were bungee-jumping). They loved every minute of it – EVEN if it did almost give me a coronary!
Regardless of heart attack I almost had, playing in the ocean was relaxing, rejuvenating and really FUN!! Plus, my family was able to spend some fabulous quality time together and enjoy God’s awesome creation!
I had to remind myself that God’s handiwork isn’t only at the beach. It’s everywhere!
Unfortunately, I don’t take the time to stop and enjoy it. I get so wrapped up in everyday life that I don’t consider the awesomeness that God created. And even worse, I do not even say thank you nearly enough for the beauty around me and the amazing world made by the Almighty Father.
“I made the earth and created man on it; it was my hands that stretched out the heavens, and I commanded all their host.” Isaiah 45:12
“For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.” Colossians 1:16
What a gift!!! Have you ever sat back in wonder of God’s remarkable piece of work?
Here are some of my favorite God-made items!
- Oceans – most of us aren’t fortunate enough to see an ocean often, but the pure vastness and strength is overwhelming to me. I love to hear the crash of the waves and explore the secrets beneath.
- Mountains – my family loves the mountains, but we only get a glimpse about once a year if we are lucky. The stately way they stand staggers my senses and makes me giddy (could be from the lack of oxygen).
- Sunsets – I’m usually too busy making dinner or fussing with two boys to recognize the sun has called it a day. This is something I really could enjoy daily if I’d just take a moment to look out the window!
- Skies – The blue sky with fluffy clouds is as wonderful to me as the dark sky raging with a storm. The lightning blazing across the sky on a dark night is another astounding delight to behold and definitely taken for granted.
- Flowers – What a gorgeous invention to provide such splendor and scent! Wildflowers and dandelions are just as lovely to me as roses and lilies. They decorate the world with their colors and give us such pleasure. Truly an amazing piece of nature.
I hope you will take a moment today to observe the magnificence of the life around you no matter what part of the world you live in! And most importantly, don’t forget to thank your Creator for it!
“To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.” Psalm 19:1
What is your favorite?
Some Wisdom for Today: Proverbs 20:13 – Ears that hear and eyes that see – the LORD has made them both.