Our Almighty Father knows what we want, need, dream of, worry over and fear. He made us to yearn for a relationship with Him and He offers a place of rest in His arms.
Ultimately, He made us to be in relationship with Him and others.
It’s the other’s part that seems to be the most difficult for many of us. Sigh.
For some reason we think that we are right, others are wrong and that the world revolves around us. What?!?!?! It doesn’t? Hee, hee!
No, it doesn’t. In fact, the world is full of people who could really use a minute of our time, a few dollars from our pocket, and anything extra that we are willing to give.
Don’t know about you, but I tend to think that if I can’t do something “big” then I really shouldn’t do anything at all. This lack of action defines who I am…not the grandeur of my intentions. Ugh.
Putting our intentions into action is vital to making a difference in the world and those around us.
So, instead of getting wrapped up in the hustle and bustle of the upcoming season, let’s take a moment to look around us and do those little things that can mean so much to the person who receives our offerings.
But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing. James 1:25
Examples of doing the little things are:
- Write a note to let someone know how you feel.
- Thank someone for their service, talent or efforts.
- Hold the door open for the person behind you.
- Help someone unload their groceries or take their cart back.
- Take some cookies to an elderly neighbor.
- Smile at those you meet on the street.
- Yield to other cars on the road…(this one might be the hardest for some people).
- Give a dollar to the person begging on the side of the road.
- Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while just to check on them.
- Pray for those you know need God’s wisdom, courage, strength, hope, peace and joy.
Doing something is better than doing nothing and can lead into doing those great things that many of us would like to do, but have no idea how to get started.
And for the love of all good things…don’t let the devil tell you that these things don’t matter because they really, really DO.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly. John 10:10
Also, be very mindful that we do these little things not to get something or make ourselves feel good, but because God loved us first and wants us to spread His love to the world!!!
What little thing could you do today?
Some Wisdom for Today: Proverbs 27:1 – Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.