- Yippee! The Easter Bunny brought me chocolate! (Them) – You know you are just going to eat that and get fat.
- Listen to this great idea for a new career path! (Them) – You know you’ll never do that.
- Can’t wait to start my new boot camp! (Them) – You know, you’ll never stick with it.
- I love Jesus SO much! I can’t believe He forgives ME! (Them) – You know…you take this Christianity stuff WAY too seriously and you sure don’t act like one.
WHOA! Unfortunately, we live in a world that often tries to tear us down, shake us up and wear us out!!! It’s EXHAUSTING!
The good news is that we don’t have to take their negative opinions to heart. In fact, they don’t count two cents because the only opinion that does matter comes from our Heavenly Father! Whew!
But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men. Acts 5:29
Of course, this is hard to remember in the midst of a conversation with Negative Nelly, but a strong relationship with God will guide us through the land mines of pessimistic views.
No one likes to be shot down and it would be wise to measure the words that come out of OUR own mouths because we may be this person to someone else. OUCH.
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. Ephesians 4:29
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. Colossians 4:6
Our friends, family, newspapers, television and even our own mouths bend towards negativity because we frequently lack the trust in God’s love, mercy, provision and hope.
God wants SO MUCH MORE for us.
- God wants us to have eternal life. See John 3:16.
- God wants us to live forgiven. See 1John 1:9.
- God wants to give us our heart’s desires. See John 15:7.
- God wants us to live in His Grace. See 2Corinthians 9:8.
- God wants us to love abundantly. See 1Peter 4:8.
- God wants to bless us. See Malachi 3:10.
Pessimism is not from God because God is HOPE.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
So…as we go through each day, we need to live as one who is LOVED, FORGIVEN AND AN HEIR TO THE THROWN.
This life will only last a little while, but God’s home will last eternally. Getting all worked up by the gloom and doom of others here on earth is just a waste of our time. Plus, it’s a big, fat LIE.
Like I said on Tuesday…Sunday is COMING and it’s bringing the HOPE of Jesus Christ!!!
Are you ready??
Some Wisdom for Today: Proverbs 22:24 – Make no friendship with a man given to anger, nor go with a wrathful man.