When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. – Henri Nouwen
Living well is often based on the quality of relationships we have in our life.
I have been fortunate to have a few select people throughout my life that truly know me from the inside out and love me anyway. “Love me anyway” is the critical piece!!!
Life would not be nearly as much fun without my Sandy!
She has frequently been my rock as I’ve navigated through my adult life in Cedar Park, Texas. What started out as an amazing neighborhood friendship has morphed into an incredible relationship that provides both of us a stalwart companion in the midst of a crazy world!
Sandy has time and again been my:
- Shoulder to cry on (of course, I cry way more than she does).
- Helping hand (can’t live without her crock pot and other kitchen wares).
- Partner-in-crime (we shall keep these examples in the vault).
- Fellow football fan (go Bears and Cowboys – although she would have put the Cowboys first).
- Lunch date (Houston’s, Olive Garden, or Texadelphia, anyone?!?!?!).
- Neighbor (the original Eclipse Cove gang).
- Sister (who else runs to the hospital at 10p.m. to hold your hand before giving birth?)
- Confidant (more vault stuff).
- Advisor (she is one of the smartest people I know and I trust her implicitly).
- Safe place (her love abounds even when I’m a mess).
Friendships can come and go, but the most valuable ones stay a life-time regardless of circumstances, situations and mileage. Sandy is one of those forever friends.
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
Having a plethora of friends is not needed when you have a choice few that are way more precious than all the treasures of the world.
All relationships take time, care and effort. However, the best ones don’t feel much like work…they feel like fun!
Thanks, Sandy. And a BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU on your glorious day!!
Some Wisdom for Today: Proverbs 18:24 – A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.