This week I am only posting once since the usual day I post is Thursday and that day is already taken!!!
Plus, I figure most people are trying to get out of dodge so they can visit family or friends and they probably don’t have any time to be reading blogs…however, I appreciate that you are reading this one!!
This November I have jumped on the bandwagon and have been posting daily on my Facebook Page about what I’m thankful for. I never realized what a life-changing exercise this could be.
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1Thessalonians 5:18
Now, I can so understand why a gratitude journal is the way to go. Talk about putting life into perspective!
Here’s what I found during this month of thankfulness:
- I’m really thankful for my husband. May sound funny, but I had to honestly think of other things to be grateful for because I found myself wanting to be thankful for him on many of the days. Crazy. I know.
- I’m really thankful for God. Writing the posts helped me see what I was focused on and it really was on God more than I would have ever imagined!!
- I’m really thankful for good health. Having been sick for five days this month reminded me, once again, how fortunate I am to be healthy on a regular basis!
- I’m really thankful for my family and friends. Again, I was surprised how many times I wanted to write down a family member or friend’s name on my thankful post. I truly have some awesome peeps in my life!!
- I’m really thankful for my gifts and talents. This month I have had the great opportunity to sing and write more than I have in a long time. It has been SO WONDERFUL! You forget how much you enjoy something when you don’t take the time to actually do it.
- I’m the most thankful for Jesus Christ. The more I read the Bible, the more I understand just how much Jesus sacrificed for you and me. I am working on building a friendship with him and I hope that you will work on one, too.
So, as the year continues to speed by, I hope we will all take a moment each day to recognize something that we are thankful for.
A Psalm for giving thanks. Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations. Psalm 100:1-5
I hope you have a marvelous Thanksgiving filled with fun, food, family and friendship!!
Happy, Happy Thanksgiving!
Some Wisdom for Today: Proverbs 15:30 – A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.