My boys are back in school! YIPPEE! I’d say it’s time to PARTAY!!!!
As you might be able to tell, I am very excited to have a few hours each day to clean, pay bills, organize, cook, run errands, write and all those other things that need to get done… without a million interruptions and in PEACE. Ahhhhh.
The sound of silence is beautiful.
I love the beginning of a new school year because it’s a time of learning, schedules, routine and events. Sure, I love the laid back feel of summer, but it makes me sluggish and lazy, where the school schedule kicks me into gear.
We could all use a little continuing education sometimes. Wouldn’t that be awesome? It would almost be like a do-over because it would end the same-old, same-old and it would give us something fresh and new to consider!
The fact is that thinking that we know it all, have done all there is to do and/or becoming comfortable with where we are is not where God wants us!
The new school year is just another glaring neon sign that pushes us towards making positive changes and sloughing off the cozy languor we can find ourselves reveling in all too often.
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14
We should be making it a priority to learn every day where God wants us, changing our behaviors so we don’t make the same mistakes of our past and taking action to draw closer to our Heavenly Father.
Life is a journey and we should treat it as such. Every day is a new day with new possibilities.
Are we taking advantage of God’s gift of today?
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
I believe that God sometimes makes me uncomfortable so that I will MOVE FORWARD and TOWARDS HIM. He knows what is best for us, so we should be leaning on Him to guide us through each moment of every day.
The following passages can help us remember to step up and out into God’s Will and His Wisdom.
- An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seeks knowledge. Proverbs 18:15
- Everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ, does not have God. Whoever abides in the teaching has both the Father and the Son. 2John 1:9
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7
- Whoever heeds instruction is on the path to life, but he who rejects reproof leads others astray. Proverbs 10:17
- Get wisdom; get insight; do not forget, and do not turn away from the words of my mouth. Do not forsake her (wisdom), and she will keep you; love her, and she will guard you. Proverbs 4:5-6
- See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. Colossians 2:8
- Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. 1John 4:1-3
- Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. 2Timothy 2:15
Take a moment today and ask the Lord to guide your steps going forward. Ask for His wisdom and for Him to change your heart. Request that He align your desires with His and to help you NOT sin.
We could all use some continuing education and God is the right choice for a teacher!!!
Some Wisdom for Today: Proverbs 1:5 – Let the wise hear and increase in learning, and the one who understands obtain guidance.